Thursday, March 22, 2012

Working on your Gear List

If you are planning a big thru hike this season one of the most important pieces of preparation you have before you is filling out your gear list.  If you're stepping off soon you're probably well on your way, but if your trip isn't until after school gets out you might just be getting started.  While I've made my own gear lists and thought of posting them, I figure why repeat the effort when the experts at Backpacker Magazine have already done a thorough job of this.  They've created 13 customized gear lists for everything from an AT Thru-Hike gear list to a Swamp Trip gear list.

If you're looking to make a big impact in the area of pack weight and volume and haven't looked at new tents recently you'll be amazed by what's now out there in the world of 2 person backpacking tents.  I shaved almost 5 lbs out of my pack last year by finally ditching my 10 year old tent for a new one.  With Big Agnes tents now on sale @ 20-40% off and MSR tents going on sale tomorrow now is the right time to look in to getting a new tent for your next big trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment