Sunday, August 7, 2011

Osprey Aether 70: Load carrier extraordinaire.


The Osprey Aether 70 is one heavy duty load carrier. I got to demo one on last weekend's trip to Mt. Marcy in the Adirondacks thanks to our local Osprey backpack rep. With a weekend of food for the family stuffed into two bear canisters and an eight pound tent I shouldn't have been surprised that my pack weighed in at close to 60 lbs. But what really surprised me was how well the Aether handled the load. With all the padding on the back and waist belt I could barely feel the bear canister bulging in my pack. With lots of external straps I was able to attach lots of gear in different ways; and one day I even carried both bear canisters stacked on top of each other in the main compartment. If you're headed out on a big trip that needs a big pack...you'll be happy with an Osprey Aether 70. Available as the Osprey Ariel 65 for women and as the Aether 60 and Aether 85.

1 comment: