Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Vasque Scree: One Cool New Shoe


When the time comes I'm going to make the Vasque Scree my next shoe purchase. I instinctively wanted to take a pair home in my size as I visualized myself springing from boulder to boulder on my favorite summit climbs. Vasque's Scree hiking shoes are perfect for times when you don't want or need 4 lbs of heavy hiking boot on your feet like that lightweight backpacking trip you're planning. With their sticky Stealth rubber soles they're even better for lightweight summit sprints on rock and for use scrambling around in-general. Don't believe me? Here's what Outside's gear reviewers had to say:
Think of it as a hiking shoe born for rock. Vasque's Scree Low features an outsole made from Stealth S1 Rubber, the same gummy tread that gives some climbing shoes their grip—which made it noticeably sticky on alpine scrambles. If it felt a little blockier than other light hikers we tested, it was also among the most comfortable and blister-free. 15 oz; $120;

If this catches your interest you should read more about the technical features of the Vasque Scree UD Low Hiking Shoe. Also the Vasque Scree UD Low Women's Hiking Shoes.








No comments:

Post a Comment